Paula Smith's Family History - Lye
***LAST UPDATED: 12th MARCH 2005***
- Leonard Lye (unknown)
- Emanuel Lye (1731-unknown)
- Jane Lye (1778-1816)
married unknown in an unknown
year. Known children:
- unknown Lye
- Baptised 1717.
- Elizabeth Lye - Baptised 1722.
- Leonard Lye - Baptised 1725. Died 1733.
- Mannuel Lye - Baptised 1731.
- Leonard Lye - Baptised 1735. Died 1737.
- George Lye - Baptised 1737.
All the children were baptised at Masham Parish Church but
the family were living in the small hamlet of Ellingstring. The baptism
entry for Emanuel was written as 'Mannuel' but all further spellings
- Emanuel Lye (1731 - unknown)
married Ann Plews
at Masham Parish
Church, North Yorkshire, in 1770. Known children:
- Ann Lye - Baptised 1772.
- Elizabeth Lye - Baptised 1775.
- Jane Lye -
Baptised 1778. Married Marmaduke Hauxwell
in 1797. Died Masham, 1816.
- John Lye - Baptised 1782.
- Emanuel Lye - Baptised 1785.
- Thomas Lye - Baptised 1788.
Emanuel and Ann married by
licence. They were noted as both being from
Masham. Emanuel signed his name, while Ann marked her name. The
witnesses at their marriage were John Pickersgill and Elizabeth Terry.
All the children were baptised at
Masham Parish Church but the family were living in the small hamlet of